An in-depth exploration of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) and how they impact the grid and energy markets. Many regions are now seeing rapid growth of DERs, including energy efficiency, demand response, distributed generation, and distributed storage. Growth of these resources will have significant impacts on planning, design, and operation of transmission and distribution systems. Full utilization of these resources will require restructuring of wholesale markets and creation of new distributed markets. This learning path explains the different DER technologies and their characteristics, explores how they will challenge and benefit the bulk electric system and distribution systems, and how markets must evolve to integrate DERs. This learning path is intended for those with an understanding of the electric business and electric systems who need a deeper understanding of the impacts of growing penetrations of DERs.
This learning path comprises the following modules:
- Introduction to Distributed Energy Resources
- Distributed Energy Resource Technologies
- Integrating Distributed Energy Resources into the Bulk Electric System
- Integrating Distributed Energy Resources into the Distribution System
- Distributed Energy Resources in Electric Markets
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.
Need CPE credits for this learning path? Click here.