Introduction to Utilities aims to quickly introduce key industry-specific information necessary for individuals new to the utility business. This course uses simple, nontechnical language and examples to explain what a public utility is, how utilities are regulated, how they set rates, how they interact with various stakeholders, how various company departments provide services to customers, and the key skills utility employees need to be successful. Included are activities to engage the learner throughout the course and a quiz at the end to test knowledge retention. This course helps the new employee start his or her career with a clear understanding of what makes the utility business different from other industries. Introduction to Utilities is mobileready and works on multiple devices including desktop, laptop and smart phone.
This course comprises the following lessons:
- What a utility is
- Why utilities are different from other companies
- How the history of utilities impacts their current business practices
- How actions of policymakers and regulators impact a utility
- How different stakeholders relate to the utility
- The functions of the different utility departments
- The key skills needed to be successful as a utility employee
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.