This course explains how the natural gas physical system is operated, how transactions are scheduled and tracked, and the rules that operators use to ensure safe and reliable operation of the system. This course is also included in the Gas Industry Overview learning path.
What you will learn
- Who is responsible for system operations and how these entities relate to other market participants
- How the physical system is operated to ensure gas is delivered where customers have requested
- The nominations and scheduling processes and why they are important to market participants
- The various operational rules such as flow orders, curtailments, and balancing that are used to manage market participants’ activities on open access pipelines and distribution systems
- Why accounting for physical transactions is a necessary component of the gas operations function
- The critical importance of maintenance and emergency response
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.
Need CPE credits for this course? Click here.