This course is “Utility Ratemaking 101” for those who seek to understand basic ratemaking concepts as they relate to the energy industry. This course addresses the key concept of the revenue requirement and the three types of ratemaking: cost-of-service, incentive, and market-based. This course is also included in the Energy Regulation Fundamentals learning path.
What you will learn
- The three key types of ratemaking and when each is appropriate
- What a revenue requirement is and how it is determined
- The process by which cost-based rates are set
- The principles of incentive ratemaking and market-based rates, and the situations in which they are commonly used
- How ratemaking differs for non-profit entities such as municipal utilities, co-ops, and Independent System Operators
- How the ratemaking process impacts earnings for energy companies
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.
Need CPE credits for this course? Click here.