The natural gas industry is unique, fast-paced, and driving an energy revolution. It has also become an increasingly important part of our overall energy supply picture. But understanding its language, markets, and operational practices can be overwhelming to those entering the workforce and can take years of on-the-job training. Gas Industry Basics gives those new and not so new to the industry a solid understanding of natural gas customers, the physical system and how it's operated, regulation, and the future of the industry. Participants are also introduced to basic industry concepts, acronyms, and technical information that will help them to communicate more effectively in their daily jobs.
What you will learn
- A big-picture perspective of how the gas business operates
- The various types of gas customers, how they use gas, their specific needs, and how services are designed to meet those needs
- North American gas supply and demand and the future of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) exports
- How natural gas is discovered, produced, gathered, and processed
- How natural gas is stored and moved through the transmission and distribution systems to a customer
- Which segments of the industry are regulated and how regulation functions in setting rates, determining services, driving infrastructure decisions, and affecting gas company profits
- Who the key industry participants are and how they use physical and financial strategies to make money and manage risk
- The key forces driving the future of the gas business
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.