This course explains the basic characteristics of electricity and electric circuits as well as the numerous qualitative and quantitative terms used to describe electricity. This module is also included in the Electric System Fundamentals learning path.
What you will learn
- How electricity works and the useful forms of energy produced from the flow of electricity
- The difference between AC and DC power
- The terms used to measure various characteristics of energy (voltage, current, resistance, and power)
- The basic relationships between voltage, current, resistance, power, and power factor
- Key laws that determine electric behavior (including Ohm’s Law and Watt’s Law) and how they are used
- What an electrical circuit is and the key components that comprise it
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.
Need CPE credits for this course? Click here.