Enerdynamics’ Latest Whitepaper Provides All You Need for a Successful Digital Learning Evolution
by Bob Shively, Enerdynamics President and Lead Facilitator
As a learning professional at a utility, do you find yourself buffeted by change? The utility business is undergoing radical transformation with forces such as digital grids, distributed resources, new rate cases, low-cost shale gas, electric vehicles, new utility business models, and ongoing pressures to reduce environmental impacts and manage costs.
Meanwhile, the evolution of corporate training and learning methods is no less frenetic. Online learning, social learning, gamification, and calls to reinvent the traditional classroom aren’t waves of the future — they’re in demand now. And forward-thinking utilities are looking to digitize all functions, including training. You’re tasked with staying current on industry trends and developing digital learning initiatives all while continually focusing on efficient use of your training budget. Many learning professionals with whom we work feel like the days (and nights!) are never long enough. To help, Enerdynamics is offering a free whitepaper, Effective Learning for the Digital Utility of the Future. This 10-page resource quickly summarizes what a learning professional at an evolving utility needs to know to successfully navigate the transition to digital learning.
Topics included are:
- Understanding the utility business: What you need to know about the natural gas and electric industries to successfully serve your learners
- Determining the digital content your learners need: The various topic areas where digital learning content is needed within utilities
- Evaluating potential online learning content: How to evaluate potential training solutions to determine which ones will be successful
- Obtaining content that runs on the devices your learners want to use: Ways to ensure the training you select will work effectively on the various devices your learners will want to use including desktops, tablets, and smart phones
- Alternatives for developing or acquiring the needed learning solutions: How to evaluate whether internal development, vendor development, or off-the-shelf solutions are best for you
Becoming a digital learning utility is a journey. But it is a necessary journey. To attract and maintain an effective workforce, training must be available when and where today's and tomorrow’s employees expect it. Hopefully Enerdynamics’ Effective Learning for the Digital Utility of the Future whitepaper will help guide you on your way.
Download the whitepaper for free here.
Back to Energy Training Today blog